Vancouver has a strong community of bloggers who write about, cover and feature fashion trends, events and styles. Throughout the year, they entertained us with wonderful articles and amazing pictures, and they kept us up to date with what is happening, what we need to wear and where we need to be. Now it is our turn to praise them, so at the end of 2015 we are picking our Top 10 out of the most popular Vancouver fashion style bloggers.
10. Street Scout. Jeremy and Sabrina are the couple behind this prolific blog. They take to the streets to discover the most stylish people in their natural environments because they believe this is where fashion starts. Their professional photography skills make every picture look like a runaway photo though. Our favourite: Such a breath of fresh air to see featured teen styles worn of Jeremy and Sabrina’s lovely niece Emma.
9. Jessica Luxe. Jessica’s bold style and rocking hair colours are what we love about this girl. This Squamish local challenges the norm by making life interesting with outside-the-box styles and non-conformism. Using a simple, classic palette, Jessica shines by experimenting with the structure of her clothes and the colour of her hair. Our favourite: 5 ways to rock the square scarf.
8. The Working Girl. Sidney created this blog for fellow professional women. She presents ample choices for the modern working woman, from fashion styles to beauty trends and decorating options. You might expect a pretentious blog, but The Working Girl is full of great deals and affordable choices. Our favourite: It is not summer, and this sale is long over, but visiting this post makes us dream about the next J. Crew summer sale.
7. Kassinka. Kassandra Poleshuk created this blog in 2009 to showcase her interest in fashion and style. Since then she became a well-known on Instagram, due to her fabulous hairstyles and tips. Photographer, stylists, creative director, Kassandra is the embodiment of the modern influencer. Our favourite: Hard to pick, but anything with Nugget, Kassandra’s toy poodle.
6. Alicia Fashionista. Effortlessly chic, the brunette beauty is a pro when it comes to making day-to-day pieces into elegant looks. Alicia’s humour and irony won our hearts from the first posts. It doesn’t hurt that she got featured in so many publications and blogs. Our favourite: this tulle and leather jacket combo not only makes you smile but inspires you to try something new today.
5. Love Alexa. With feminine style and killer smile, Alexa tastefully shares her life adventures travelling around the world and looking fabulous. She is also the designer and creator behind Sutie Skirts. Her posts often have a dreamy charm that draws us in irresistibly. Our favourite: tips for travelling solo (not that we would ever admit to it).
4. Vitamin Daily. This powerhouse was founded by Sarah Bancroft and Tara Parker Tait in Vancouver in 2004. Since then it expanded with blogs representing Calgary, Toronto, Montreal and Edmonton, a French Montreal edition and a section for mums and kids. With a modern website and mobile apps, it is the place to go to find out what happens in the city. Our favourite: the rosemary salted chocolate cookie recipe from Beaucoup Bakery.
3. Boyu Ba. This exotic blog is the product of Ho Chi Minh native Boyu. She shares her personal style, fitness tips and travel adventures with great flair. Her posts are not only informative but also full of charm. Our favourite: the Griffith Observatory, completed with a short background and lovely pictures.
2. Living Boldly. If you’re looking for some simple and yet refined outfit inspirations, this is the blog to go to. Written by Meagan Fay, it showcases this fashionista’s travels, outfits and fitness routines. Although Meagan started her blog just a little over a year ago, fans are piling up and readers can’t have enough. Our favourite: Meagan’s hair after the Keratase treatment made us book an appointment pronto.
1. Treasures and Travel. Founded by two sisters, Tegan and Lindsay, this is a lifestyle blog with a bohemian vibe. Aside from fashion, it also covers food, beauty, DIY, and home decor. They also have a tiny e-store with great treasures. Our favourite: Kate Spade inspired nail art.
Choosing just ten bloggers out of what Vancouver blogosphere has to offer was not an easy task. We thank all those who inspire us every day with their creativity, boldness and humour, and we are looking forward to their amazing content and wonderful pictures in 2016.